television episodes that have ever been made, listed below.
1. "The Boy Next Door" on Season 3 of "Ally McBeal." This hit television drama following a female attorney may be one of the saddest TV episodes ever made, as Ally's lifelong friend and love interest from her childhood finds out he has a brain tumor. As he dies in this episode, tears will well in your eyes, especially if you have followed the show up until this point.
2. "The Body" on Season 5 of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." While characters good and bad die on a regular basis throughout "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," this episode is different from all of them, allowing it to be an effective tear-jerker. Buffy's mother, Joyce, is diagnosed with a brain tumor and dies tragically, one of the few deaths that isn't at the hands of someone else.
3. "The Gift" on Season 5 of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." This season of "Buffy" was particularly sad, as they were trying to milk the emotional elements from an already over-milked show. Buffy dies for a second time in this episode, leaving her sister to deal with her loss but also live again.
4. "Goodbye" on Season 2 of "8 Simple Rules." This popular show that starred John Ritter had to handle his untimely death in two episodes at the beginning of the second season of "8 Simple Rules." Majestically handled for a comedy, these television episodes will make you cry in their final tribute to Ritter.
5. Season Finale of "Six Feet Under." As "Six Feet Under" ends in a wonderful montage, this hit HBO show about life and death will leave you sobbing, even if you didn't keep up with the series. The song "Breathe Me" by Sia also helps to trigger the waterworks.
6. The "Futurama" episode "Jurassic Bark." An animated comedy that makes you cry? Well, this episode of "Futurama" where Fry's dog waits for him and becomes petrified will make you cry, as it shows the bond between a man and his dog, regardless of time.