Courtesy of Latino Review, we have a new image from McG's Terminator: Salvation. It's of Helena Bonham Carter's character named "Serena" (possibly a nod to the last Terminator flick). If you don't want to know what's behind the black bars, don't click the above image. But if you're into the Terminator mythology, you're probably going to think it's cool. If you're just a pervy voyeur, you're probably going to be disappointed… unless… Wait! Must refrain from joke about sex with robots… gah! I think I just gave it away. Well, you just…
This afternoon, BloodyDisgusting broke the news that actor Jackie Earle Haley is in final talks to play Freddy Krueger in Sam Bayer's update of A Nightmare on Elm Street, and that we can expect an official announcement as early as next week. (Shooting begins at the end of this month in Chicago.) This is some inspired casting. Haley has proven himself time and again in the twisted character roles. No matter what camp you fall into with Watchmen, you can't deny Haley as Rorschach was the best part about the film. And his turn as Ronnie the pedophile in Little Children is nothing short of brilliant. Every time I do my impression of Ronnie masturbating in the car, my girlfriend cries. So that should count for something. Watch that clip after the jump! Fast forward to 4:58 if you can't wait until the masturbating part. (How often has that sentence been bandied about on the 'nets?
You came. You saw. You read the rules this time. The winner of our Alien Trespass Giveaway's GRAND PRIZE – the signed set of Alien Trespass lobby cards – is the reader known as "CCAP." Your alternate tagline for AT read:"She was a beautiful woman with a past. He was a giant red cyclops from Galaxy Abell 1835 IR1916. She thought her heart was closed for business . . ."Your entry was eloquent, intriguing, and concise. Never underestimate concise-iness. And it seemed like you tried. And then there's the second prize, which goes to "Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr," who just plain made us laugh (cruel as those laughs may have been):"This summer, get ready to watch Robert Patrick in…..a movie."We'll be contacting you both via email to arrange your pirze shipment! Be sure to see Alien Trespass, which opens this weekend. As Dr. H said, it's got Robert Patrick in it.
Good news for you Dillon loving, TV tackling FNL fanatics–NBC has renewed the show for another 26 episodes! Now more than ever, you need to catch up with the show that has it all; babes, football, more babes, believable drama, and straight up no-nonsense rural Texas. Round the rest of your weekend out with Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (which is on it's 2nd to last episode), some more sporting action with the Final Four on Saturday, and another episode of the constantly percolating Breaking Bad on Sunday. Your weekend TV preview after the break.
We’ve all been there. Minding our own business, wolfing down our Raisinets and gulping down our 50 oz. sodas before the previews even begin. Bladders be damned. Then the curtains go up, the lights go down, and you’re left alone in hopes of seeing Olga Kurylenko toting a machine gun and posing in front of an explosion. (You read it in a review somewhere.)But no, there are vermin afoot in the theater. And they have plans against you and Olga, plans that involve loudly smacking Sour Patch Kids or forgetting to turn off their cell phone after the umpteenth on-screen reminder. They come in a wide variety, but there's one thing in common: nothing would be more satisfying than standing up and dumping your soda all over their head (what's left of it, anyway). Like the picture says, why not?Screenjunkies presents… THE 9 MOST OBNOXIOUS MOVIE WATCHERS!9. THE FREQUENT URINATORS
The upcoming May issue of Vanity fair features some new portraits of the Inglourious Basterds cast, in "glourious" makeup and wardrobe from Tarantino's WWII opus. Here's one of Ms. Diane Kruger as her character, the smoking German screen actress Bridget von Hammersmark. I can't tell if she's trying to read your mind in the photo or if she's feeling an oncoming low-grade migraine. Here are some more photos. Click on the thumbs to enlarge, soldier!
Courtesy of Break.com So, apparently Time-Warner and Bright House have egregiously dropped FEARnet from their cable line-ups. If you're a subscriber to these services, you don't have to put on a mask and scare them into bringing FEARnet back. You can, but you'll probably get arrested or prosecuted, which is something monsters and serial killers never seem to consider. The responsible thing to do is to call your cable operator to convince them to bring FEARnet back. If you dial 1-877-FEAR-247, they'll connect you with your cable operator and you can let them know you want FEARnet (And be aware that for some customers, FEARnet is available on AT&T U-Verse and Verizon Fios). Feel free to breathe heavily on the line and tell Big Cable you're watching them… then slip back into your normal voice and sternly mention that you won't keep watching unless they bring FEARnet back. Mwahahahaha… And check out the list of upcoming titles on FEARnet that Time-Warner is currently missing out on… after the jump.
(click image to enlarge) Magnolia Pictures has just released the new poster for Soderbergh's The Girlfriend Experience, starring adult film star Sasha Grey in her mainstream film debut. It's a pretty stunning poster if I do say so myself. Check out the synopsis of the film and much more stunning – albeit a tad less tasteful – photos of Sasha after the jump.
Tonight, we are offered a 3hr salute to a show that set the bar high for the numerous procedural hospital dramas to follow: There would be no George Clooney or more John Stamos if not for this show. It ends it's epic 15 season run tonight. An indispensable ER birth after the break.
THE NEW INTERNATIONAL RED BAND TRAILER FOR BRUNO IS UP AND RUNNING. CHECK IT OUT AFTER THE JUMP AND COMMENT BELOW!!!
On April 10th, Observe and Report opens, and will be the second mall cop movie released within a few months. We're not saying it's a knockoff of Paul Blart at all. But it's another example of the Hollywood tradition for competing studios to release two eerily familiar movies right around the same time of year. Some say both films benefit from the timing. Some say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. You be the judge of which flicks deserve the compliment. Screen Junkies presents – in convenient chronological order, no less:11 PAIRS OF SUSPICIOUSLY SIMILAR MOVIES!!!1989Turner and Hooch vs. K-9
Sound of Music in Antwerp Train Station – Watch more free videos This video been floating around on the 'nets for a little while now, but it only came my way today and I had to share. It's a stunt pulled in an Antwerp, Belgium train station, in which seemingly hundreds of dancers come out of the woodwork and do a number from The Sound of Music. It's actually a pretty astonishing feat, but my cynical side would have liked to see the whole thing get interrupted midway through by a serendipitously scheduled "dancing Nazi raid" stunt in the same station. Run, Von Trapp Family! Run! Thanks to Screen Junkies reader "Mrs. White" for sending.
Yahoo! Movies and ComingSoon.Net posted some new pics and info on the sentient hunks o' metal in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, which, if you didn't know, opens June 24th. See more of those bigass wrecking machines doing damage after the jump.
ANVIL! The Story of Anvil! rocked the crowds at Sundance, and now is making its way to a theater near you on April 10th. Check out the trailer after the jump. You will laugh. You will cry. You will rock. And then you will cry harder at the end of the trailer when the string orchestra music comes in and you realize how much these dudes got a raw deal. These guys could have had only the finest European prostitutes snorting cocaine off their boners, and now… they're riding coach. Also, there's a shot of this dude from Anvil biting his guitar during a set and it looks kind of dangerous, so you should watch it.
The new Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 trailer went up today on Myspace, and it's got enough Travolta-on-Denzel action to make Oprah's live audience collectively explode from a freak mass orgasm. The film is slated for a June 12th, 2009. Gentlemen, lock up your wives and girlfriends lest they stampede children on the way to the theater. Check out the clip after the jump to see what we're up against.
Tonight's schedule is playing no jokes on you, just a slightly more foolish 'hump day' with another treatment of Lost, a shot of Scrubs, and a promise from South Park to cross the line yet again. Reno 911! also premieres with some fresh faces and probably an ample amount of short shorts. Your preview after the break.
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama on Wednesday, April 1st backed down from his initial order of 4,000 more military troops in Afghanistan, vowing instead to “still disrupt, dismantle and defeat”…
Zach Galifianakis is still the funniest comedian I've ever seen live. Ed Helms is still the funniest part about NBC's The Office. And Bradley Cooper is still the funniest actor to make out with Michael Ian Black in Wet Hot American Summer. All three guys star in The Hangover, the trailer for which has been out a little while, but we hadn't posted it yet. I'm hoping this movie gives both Mike Tyson and Phil Collins' "No Jacket Required" album the comeback both parties deserve. The fact that they're working together toward that cause is what Sting was singing about on "Synchronicity." Or is that serendipity? Or synergy? Just watch the trailer after the jump and laugh.
MUTANT CHRONICLES starring Thomas Jane, Ron Perlman and MALKOVICH (!!!) is now available on HDNet Ultra VOD and opens in theaters on Friday, April 24. To celebrate, Magnet Releasing and Pressman Films is offering the Ultimate Mutant Chronicles Prize Giveaway! One lucky grand prize winner will receive: – An invitation (plus guest) to the LA premiere and after-party (transportation/hotel/expenses not included) – Autographed MUTANT CHRONICLES poster – MUTANT CHRONICLES Miniature Game Starter Set – MUTANT CHRONICLES Personalized Collectible Dog Tag – Your name to appear within end card on the MUTANT CHRONICLES DVD as a grand prize (subject to manufacturing schedule) 25 additional winners will receive: – Official MUTANT CHRONICLES Poster – MUTANT CHRONICLES Miniature – MUTANT CHRONICLES Personalized Collectible Dog Tag – Your name to appear within end card on the MUTANT CHRONICLES DVD (subject to manufacturing schedule) See how to enter – and some other MC goodies - after the jump!
Via The Playlist, Screen Junkies caught wind of ESPN's announcement that it will launch a program in the Fall called "30 for 30," a weekly hour-long series pairing famous filmmakers with sports subjects they care about. We can expect to see Barry Levinson cover the 1984 defection of the Baltimore Colts to Indy, and a Maysles' Bros. film about Muhammed Ali vs. Larry Holmes in '80, among others. Not all have been announced (including the subjects of films from Spike Lee and Richard Linklater), but ScreenJunkies wondered where this series could go…
Yesterday evening, Wired posted some pretty Trek-tacular recreations of famous Stark Trek scenes. The artist? Frank Elchesen. The medium? Legos. I'd really like to see the Tribbles episode done up, and I challenge Mr. Elchesen to somehow recreate the furry and adorable, yet pesky little buggers with Legos. I say it can't be done. Prove me wrong, Elchesen and I have a Star Trek T-Shirt for you!!!See more of his photos after the jump!
Ozzy has come back with his family, 'reloaded' in the form of what looks to be the family venturing into Candid Camera and MadTV territory, with a dash of Nickelodeon goop. Also check out the 2 hr biography of America's favorite porn star. Your preview after the break.
Where You've Seen Her: AnnaLynne McCord, has made quite a name for herself (as confusingly spelled as it is) as Naomi on the CW's "90210." She also played Eden Lord on "Nip/Tuck" and can be seen in Fired Up and Day of the Dead. We recommend watching AnnaLynne fire a gun in the latter.AnnaLynne Says: “I know you fantasize about me while you're pumping away on little Miss Jenny Craig.”See photos of AnnaLynne after the jump!!!
The new poster for Sam Raimi's Drag Me to Hell has been unleashed from the depths (and ShockTilYouDrop.com). Click to enlarge poster, and if you haven't seen the trailer, check it out here.
5. BATMAN'S TUMBLERMake/Model: Wayne Enterprises Tumbler (Military Grade)In Batman Begins, the Tumbler goes from the back room of Wayne Tech to the streets of Gotham in a matter of scenes, and the only way to describe Batman’s badass ride is in the words of the startled Gotham beat cop: “a tank.” It’s got everything a costumed vigilante would need, including armor plating, boosters and rocket launchers. And in The Dark Knight, it’s even got a built in escape vehicle called “The Batpod.” You don’t get that in your standard Toyota. When Michael Caine says, “The Lamborghini is much more subtle,” he actually means it. 4. THE ECTOMOBILE (ECTO-1)
10. THE DEATH MOBILEMake/Model: 1964 Lincoln ContinentalFlounder’s brother’s car is wrecked when Otter, Boon and some of the other Animal House Brothers take it on an ill-planned road trip. But the enterprising D-Day resurrects it like a fiery phoenix and redubs it, “the Death Mobile.” Face it, Flounder. This car is much better off as a nihilistic parade float then it ever was as a chick magnet. 9. THE GENERAL LEE
15. THE MIRTH MOBILEMake/Model: 1976 AMC PacerAhh… the Mirth Mobile from Wayne’s World. Never before has such a pedestrian car been given a custom flame paintjob and a tape deck, and been transported into a chariot of the rock gods. You have not heard Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” until it has marched forth from the Pacer’s speakers and crushed your eardrums. It will be mine… oh yes… it will be mine. (It would also be stretched into a limo version in Wayne’s World 2.) 14. CAMERON'S DAD'S FERRARI
20. BUMBLEBEEMake/Model: 1977 & 2009 Chevy CamaroTransformers Director Michael Bay was accused of “raping our childhoods” when he eschewed Bumblebee’s VW Beetle roots for the Camaro, but in the end, it was a stylistic choice that worked. Hell, it got Shia Laboeuf to first base with Megan Fox. Now that’s a car worth the sticker price! (If you’re into indirectly paying for sex, but aren’t we doing that every time we take a date to Chili’s and order an extra appetizer?) 19. DOMINIC TORETTO'S CHARGER
25. THE PUSSY WAGONMake/Model: 1997 Chevrolet C-2500 Silverado FleetsideKill Bill Vol. 1’s Buck (Michael Bowen) is one lecherous scum sucker, and his nickname for his ride – painted brazenly all over the body – is certainly fitting. It’s Buck’s disregard for decency and driver’s etiquette that puts this truck on the list. I wonder if it’s ever run into the Wiener Mobile? 24. COBRA'S MERCURYMake/Model: Customized 1950 Mercury MontereyCrime is the disease. Meet the car that delivers the cure. Marion “Cobra” Cobretti (Sylvester Stallone) puts this tank of a car through war, destroying the Monterey while he demolishes a psychotic gang bent on world domination… This car is best driven with a match hanging out of the driver’s mouth. 23. LOUISE'S THUNDERBIRD
30. POLICE SPINNERMake/Model: Mead VTOL aerodyneBlade Runner’s celebrated production designer, Syd Mead, came up with the concept of the spinner, a flying car with vertical take-off and landing capabilities. Designer Mead has described the spinner as an aerodyne – a vehicle which directs air downward to create lift, though press kits for the film stated that the spinner was propelled by three engines: "conventional internal combustion, jet and anti-gravity". We recommend test driving one as long as you bring your Vangelis tunes to pump over the stereo. 29. MARCIE'S LAMBORGHINI