Vanity Fair Kind Enough To Remind Us That Movie Stars Are Really Rich
What's most shocking here is that Taylor Lautner is coming in at #9, which means not only did he out-earn EVERY WOMAN IN HOLLYWOOD, but all but eight of the men as well. According to Vanity Fair, he scored $33.5 million for his work in the two final Twilight installments, as well as simply showing up to film the stinker-in-waiting Abduction. That's it. I'm gonna start doing 10-15 sit-ups every day.
Some other takeaways that may leave you wanting to kick down the walls of your cubicle:
- James Cameron leads the pack with $257 million from his film about tall blue people. Glad to see he's back on his feet.
- Johnny Depp commands what we in the industry refer to as a "shit-ton" of money for his films, collecting $50 million for Alice in Wonderland, $35 million for whatever Pirates of the Caribbean movie they're up to now, and $20 million to get seduced by Angelina in The Tourist. Can we take away his remaining indie credibility now?
- People made a lot of money off of Inception, Iron Man 2, and Twilight.
- Adam Sandler will not stop making crap movies if he keeps "earning" $50 million per year for being a pudgy schlub.
- Where did all The Social Network money go?
If you didn't see your favorite actor or actress on this list, don't worry. They're still obscenely rich. (A.V. Club)