The new Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 trailer went up today on Myspace, and it's got enough Travolta-on-Denzel action to make Oprah's live audience collectively explode from a freak mass orgasm. The film is slated for a June 12th, 2009. Gentlemen, lock up your wives and girlfriends lest they stampede children on the way to the theater. Check out the clip after the jump to see what we're up against.
WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama on Wednesday, April 1st backed down from his initial order of 4,000 more military troops in Afghanistan, vowing instead to “still disrupt, dismantle and defeat”…
Zach Galifianakis is still the funniest comedian I've ever seen live. Ed Helms is still the funniest part about NBC's The Office. And Bradley Cooper is still the funniest actor to make out with Michael Ian Black in Wet Hot American Summer. All three guys star in The Hangover, the trailer for which has been out a little while, but we hadn't posted it yet. I'm hoping this movie gives both Mike Tyson and Phil Collins' "No Jacket Required" album the comeback both parties deserve. The fact that they're working together toward that cause is what Sting was singing about on "Synchronicity." Or is that serendipity? Or synergy? Just watch the trailer after the jump and laugh.
MUTANT CHRONICLES starring Thomas Jane, Ron Perlman and MALKOVICH (!!!) is now available on HDNet Ultra VOD and opens in theaters on Friday, April 24. To celebrate, Magnet Releasing and Pressman Films is offering the Ultimate Mutant Chronicles Prize Giveaway! One lucky grand prize winner will receive: – An invitation (plus guest) to the LA premiere and after-party (transportation/hotel/expenses not included) – Autographed MUTANT CHRONICLES poster – MUTANT CHRONICLES Miniature Game Starter Set – MUTANT CHRONICLES Personalized Collectible Dog Tag – Your name to appear within end card on the MUTANT CHRONICLES DVD as a grand prize (subject to manufacturing schedule) 25 additional winners will receive: – Official MUTANT CHRONICLES Poster – MUTANT CHRONICLES Miniature – MUTANT CHRONICLES Personalized Collectible Dog Tag – Your name to appear within end card on the MUTANT CHRONICLES DVD (subject to manufacturing schedule) See how to enter – and some other MC goodies - after the jump!
Yesterday evening, Wired posted some pretty Trek-tacular recreations of famous Stark Trek scenes. The artist? Frank Elchesen. The medium? Legos. I'd really like to see the Tribbles episode done up, and I challenge Mr. Elchesen to somehow recreate the furry and adorable, yet pesky little buggers with Legos. I say it can't be done. Prove me wrong, Elchesen and I have a Star Trek T-Shirt for you!!!See more of his photos after the jump!
The new poster for Sam Raimi's Drag Me to Hell has been unleashed from the depths (and ShockTilYouDrop.com). Click to enlarge poster, and if you haven't seen the trailer, check it out here.
5. BATMAN'S TUMBLERMake/Model: Wayne Enterprises Tumbler (Military Grade)In Batman Begins, the Tumbler goes from the back room of Wayne Tech to the streets of Gotham in a matter of scenes, and the only way to describe Batman’s badass ride is in the words of the startled Gotham beat cop: “a tank.” It’s got everything a costumed vigilante would need, including armor plating, boosters and rocket launchers. And in The Dark Knight, it’s even got a built in escape vehicle called “The Batpod.” You don’t get that in your standard Toyota. When Michael Caine says, “The Lamborghini is much more subtle,” he actually means it. 4. THE ECTOMOBILE (ECTO-1)
10. THE DEATH MOBILEMake/Model: 1964 Lincoln ContinentalFlounder’s brother’s car is wrecked when Otter, Boon and some of the other Animal House Brothers take it on an ill-planned road trip. But the enterprising D-Day resurrects it like a fiery phoenix and redubs it, “the Death Mobile.” Face it, Flounder. This car is much better off as a nihilistic parade float then it ever was as a chick magnet. 9. THE GENERAL LEE
15. THE MIRTH MOBILEMake/Model: 1976 AMC PacerAhh… the Mirth Mobile from Wayne’s World. Never before has such a pedestrian car been given a custom flame paintjob and a tape deck, and been transported into a chariot of the rock gods. You have not heard Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” until it has marched forth from the Pacer’s speakers and crushed your eardrums. It will be mine… oh yes… it will be mine. (It would also be stretched into a limo version in Wayne’s World 2.) 14. CAMERON'S DAD'S FERRARI
20. BUMBLEBEEMake/Model: 1977 & 2009 Chevy CamaroTransformers Director Michael Bay was accused of “raping our childhoods” when he eschewed Bumblebee’s VW Beetle roots for the Camaro, but in the end, it was a stylistic choice that worked. Hell, it got Shia Laboeuf to first base with Megan Fox. Now that’s a car worth the sticker price! (If you’re into indirectly paying for sex, but aren’t we doing that every time we take a date to Chili’s and order an extra appetizer?) 19. DOMINIC TORETTO'S CHARGER
25. THE PUSSY WAGONMake/Model: 1997 Chevrolet C-2500 Silverado FleetsideKill Bill Vol. 1’s Buck (Michael Bowen) is one lecherous scum sucker, and his nickname for his ride – painted brazenly all over the body – is certainly fitting. It’s Buck’s disregard for decency and driver’s etiquette that puts this truck on the list. I wonder if it’s ever run into the Wiener Mobile? 24. COBRA'S MERCURYMake/Model: Customized 1950 Mercury MontereyCrime is the disease. Meet the car that delivers the cure. Marion “Cobra” Cobretti (Sylvester Stallone) puts this tank of a car through war, destroying the Monterey while he demolishes a psychotic gang bent on world domination… This car is best driven with a match hanging out of the driver’s mouth. 23. LOUISE'S THUNDERBIRD
30. POLICE SPINNERMake/Model: Mead VTOL aerodyneBlade Runner’s celebrated production designer, Syd Mead, came up with the concept of the spinner, a flying car with vertical take-off and landing capabilities. Designer Mead has described the spinner as an aerodyne – a vehicle which directs air downward to create lift, though press kits for the film stated that the spinner was propelled by three engines: "conventional internal combustion, jet and anti-gravity". We recommend test driving one as long as you bring your Vangelis tunes to pump over the stereo. 29. MARCIE'S LAMBORGHINI
35. WALT'S GRAN TORINOMake/Model: 1972 Ford Gran Torino The car isn’t actually driven all that much in Eastwood's Gran Torino, but it’s the impetus for one of 2008’s best offerings when Walt Kowalski’s Gran Torino becomes the prize in an initiation for a neighborhood gang made up of Hmong kids. The car is a tough old relic, whose engine growls sound a lot like Eastwood’s character every time he opens his mouth. The car spits out a lot fewer racial epithets, though. 34. FREDDY'S CADILLAC
In honor of Fast & Furious, opening this Friday, Screen Junkies wanted to take a joy ride down memory lane and pay homage to what we think are the most memorable automobiles ever put on film. To make this list, you didn't have to be the fastest; you didn't have to be the coolest. Hell, you didn't always have to work. But personality gets the most mileage, and these forty vehicles have enough personality to drive forever. Screen Junkies presents… The Top 40 Cars From Feature Films! 40. THE VW TRANSPORTER
According to MTV's Movie Blog, David Cronenberg is looking to do a sequel to 2007's Eastern Promises. In the original, Viggo Mortensen played a Russian gangster who was actually a spy for British Intel, and, as much as some may try to forget, many will vividly recall the now-famous scene in which Viggo's character teamed up with his exposed genitalia to battle a would-be assassin in a sauna. No reports as to whether or not the pair will link up again in the sequel, but speculation has begun… and Screen Junkies has the exclusive comic book adaptation of the speculation. Click to enlarge.
According to Entertainment Weekly's Hollywood Insider, "Emily Browning (The Uninvited) will replace Amanda Seyfried in Zack Snyder's Sucker Punch for Warner Bros. You may remember Emily as "Violet" in 2004's Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. She'll be playing "Baby Doll," an "insane asylum inmate who loses herself in a fantasy world where she dreams about escaping with her fellow inmates."
WIN A SET OF SIGNED LOBBY CARDS FROM THE FILM!This Friday, Roadside Attractions' Alien Trespass opens. It stars Eric McCormack, Jenni Baird and Robert Lauria*, and is a loving homage to classic sci-fi filmmaking. Screen Junkies and Roadside Attractions are extending the love to you by GIVING AWAY TWO SETS OF ALIEN TRESPASS LOBBY CARDS. Each set comes with 8 cards. One of the sets is signed by Eric McCormack, Jenni Baird, Dan Lauria and director R.W. Goodwin!
Today, X-Men Films posted eight high-res images from Fox's upcoming X-Men Origins: Wolverine, opening May 1st. I'm just going to shut up and let you look at the pretty pictures. See all of the others after the jump.
Well, chaiwallahs, the submissions have been collected and the judges have spoken. The winner of Slumdog Millionaire on DVD or Blu-Ray is the user known as Novakane, whose comment, "The Corn? I ate it. Why?" tickled enough people's funny bones to take the prize.
According to Variety, Emma Stone of Superbad and (less so) House Bunny fame is looking to get a little naughty in her next role. The comedy entitled "Easy A" is a modern, high school-set retelling of Nathaniel Hawthorne's "The Scarlet Letter." Stone will play a student who sees her life paralleling Hawthorne's heroine Hester Prynne after she pretends to be the school slut in hopes she'll benefit from the notion she's promiscuous. I've never known anyone who hasn't benefited from loose sexual morals, especially in high school, but something tells me this movie is going to stress the counter-point. I guess I can't really blame the studio execs for choosing the high-ground, even though a herpes epidemic would be one hell of a marketing campaign. Now that's exposure money can't buy! (Rimshot!) Check out some photos of Emma after the jump.
Saw the 3-D trailer for this play in front of Monsters vs. Aliens this weekend. Even without the 3-D, Up looks multi-dimensional. See, that's what I'd be saying if I were brainstorming in a marketing meeting. But since I'm sitting at home in my boxers typing this, I'm just going to say that I can't wait for Up in the same way I can't wait to take a shower. And I reek of last night's indiscretions. You don't have to wait until I shower to watch the ALL NEW CLIPS of Up. After the jump!
In a conversation with MTV about his upcoming Year One, writer-director Harold Ramis let loose some ectoplasmic bites of information on what we can expect from the new Ghostbusters movie. According to Ramis:"[Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and all the other core members from the original] are going to be in it in different kinds of roles," Ramis said. "We're going to be the sage mentors. There are going to be young Ghostbusters."No announcements as to who those apprentices will be, but MTV surmised that with Judd Apatow producing, young comic stars like Seth Rogen and Paul Rudd could take part.
Julie Taymor, the director of the $40 million Spider-Man Broadway show, Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark is keeping mum about the production, but is telling the press to not call it a musical, and to instead refer to it as "a circus rock n' roll drama. Whatever. It has music and lyrics by U2, is being directed by the same person behind Broadway's The Lion King, and is being shown in a Broadway theater. It's a musical. But the big question remains. WHO WILL PLAY SPIDER-MAN? click to enlarge comic page.
Director: Rob ZombieCast: Maloclm McDowell, Sheri Moon Zombie, Brad Dourif, Danielle HarrisSynopsis: Rob Zombie returns to direct this follow-up sequel to his remake of John Carpenter’s horror franchise about a psychopathic mass murderer name Michael Myers.Rating:n/aRelease Date: August 28, 2009
A new TV spot for Angels & Demons, the follow-up film for Ron Howard and his Da Vinci code crew, is up on the 'nets. Admittedly, this is shaping up to be more exciting than its cinematic predecessor. Pretty action-packed stuff. I'm mostly just glad that stories about the Catholic church's coverups of indiscretions are straying from the tired molestation angle and getting back to the mass murder thing . Check out the clip after the jump.
After verbally fellating the Where the Wild Things Are trailer the other day, I've had a chance to sit down and digest what made it work so well. And I've come to the conclusion that it owes a lot to the Arcade Fire song featured in it. Don't get me wrong; the movie looks fantastic. But I'm sure Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze would have looked a lot more profound had its trailer featured the Arcade Fire. What's that, you say? You want to see it to believe it? Oh. Okay. Here: But to be fair, we also have to test out the opposite, with music from TMNT 2 laid over the Wild Things trailer. See the film in a whole new light after the jump.
Director: Todd Phillips Cast: Zach Galifianakis, Mike Tyson, Heather Graham, Bradley Cooper, Ken Jeong Synopsis: A Las Vegas-set comedy centered around three groomsmen who lose their about-to-be-wed buddy during their drunken misadventures, then must retrace their steps in order to find him. Release Date: June 5, 2009
May 8th, El Futuro Comienza. Five international posters for J.J. Abrams' Star Trek have hit the internet. This is one. Check out the other ones after the jump. If you do not, then the Romulans have won.