10 Best Movies In Imax
IMAX movies furthered the experience moviegoers could obtain in the theater and these are the 10 best movies in IMAX. IMAX was a great advancement in entertainment all people could enjoy. The ten best movies in IMAX are listed below.
- “Avatar” James Cameron started working on Avatar in 1994, but it was released in 2009. Cameron’s use of 3D brings the world of Pandora alive and allows viewers to completely immerse themselves in a battle where a marine must decide whether to follow orders or protect that world he now feels is his home. Since its release, it has set a standard for other movies in IMAX.
- “Monsters vs. Aliens” This movie was a makeover of classical monster movies and IMAX gives viewers the ability to appreciate how the main character turns into a giant after a meteorite hits her. From here, she in taken to a secret compound where she meets other monsters that have been rounded up over the years.
- “Coraline” In this movie, a young girl finds another world similar to hers, but her idealized version. However, finding this world has its own sinister affects.
- “My Bloody Valentine” Though the film did not have a deep plot, it did have the ability to scare many people. The protagonist returned to his hometown on the tenth anniversary of the Valentine’s night massacre. However, instead of a normal homecoming, Tom finds himself being accused of the murders and only one person believes he is innocent.
- “Journey to the Center of the Earth” This movie is based on Jules Verne’s famous novel and it brought the novel's imaginary world before the public's eyes. A scientist in search of his brother joins a quest with his nephew and their mountain guide where they discover a fantastic yet dangerous lost world in the center of the earth.
- “Meet the Robinsons” In this movie, Lewis, a brilliant inventor, meets up with an odd stranger by the name of Wilbur Robinson who takes him away in a time machine in order to track Bowler Hat Guy in a epic showdown.
- “Superman Returns” Superman visits his home planet of Krypton, but soon returns to Earth to protect the people and reclaim the love of Lois Lane.
- “Ghost of the Abyss” Another movie produced by James Cameron that fully captured the ability of IMAX 3D. Using state-of-the-art technology which was created for this expedition, Cameron and his crew explored the wreckage of the Titantic digitally.
- “Jim Henson’s Muppet*Vision 3D” was a 1991 film which took the 3D experience out of the screen. In this movie, Kermit narrates the movie as he visits the Muppet Lab. This is where viewers meet Dr. Bunsen Honeydew's newest discovery, Waldo the spirit of 3D who causes trouble.
- “The Magic of Flight” This movie places viewers in the cockpit of a Blue Angel jet which allowed viewers to experience thrills as if they were in the cockpit.