10 Awesome Zombie Movies
Any weekend you feel like chilling on the couch, check out 10 awesome zombie movies to pass the time. Filmmakers have delivered a number of awesome films to this genre over the years that range from grim and horrific to campy and comical. We consider these among the most awesome:
- "Fido" (2006) Carrie-Ann Moss stars in this awesome zombie movie set in an alternate universe stuck in a 1950s culture since the zombie apocalypse. It's more of a satire of consumer culture than a straight horror film, but there are some great scares in-between the laughs.
- "Shaun of the Dead" (2004) You can't have a list of awesome zombie movies without a mention of "Shaun of the Dead," one of the best zombie/comedy/buddy movies of all time. Everything from the soundtrack to the inventive zombie disposal methods is pitch perfect in this film.
- "Night of the Living Dead" (1990) Tom Savini's remake of this iconic horror film is faithful to the original while introducing new elements. The biggest change is Barbara: She goes from useless, screaming wimp to awesome ass-kicker.
- "Return of the Living Dead 3" (1993) This installment of the "Return of the Living Dead" series abandons most of the comedy and camp of the first two entries. Star-crossed teen lovers try to cope after one is bitten. They'd do fine if she could just keep from devouring everyone they meet.
- "Dead Moon Rising" (2009) Independent Kentucky filmmaker Mark E. Poole squeezes every bit of blood out of his tiny budget to make a satisfying film about what happens when the city of Louisville is overrun by zombies. The awesome zombie movie script and solid acting are what make this one work so well.
- "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" (2002) The second "Resident Evil" movie starts above ground in Raccoon City, which has been overrun by zombies. A newly super-human Milla Jovovich is joined by other survivors who try to escape the city in one awesome zombie scene after another.
- "Dead Alive" (1992) Long before Peter Jackson was wrangling hobbits, he was made a few splattergore movies, including this awesome zombie movie. A nebbish guy finally manages to stand up to his mother after she becomes a flesh-eating zombie terror.
- "Boy Eats Girl" (2005) This charmingly awesome zombie movie mixes the genre with teen romantic comedy. Local loser Nathan decides to off himself when he thinks the girl of his dreams has hooked up with another guy. Nathan's mom uses a spell to reanimate him, but manages to infec the town with the zombie curse at the same time.
- "Re-Animator" (1985) In this classic awesome zombie film, young scientists just can't leave well enough alone. They keep reanimating various corpses even though the results are uniformly horrific.
- "Planet Terror" (2007) A military accident leads to apocalyptic encounters with the walking dead and the only thing that can save our heroes is a flexible, one-legged stripper with a prosthetic machine gun leg. Based on the story alone and not even taking into account the fantastic delivery, this awesome zombie movie is better than its double-feature mate "Death Proof" by miles.
'Shaun Of The Dead Island' Mash-Up! - Watch more horror