10 Best Actors Ever
What connects the 10 best actors ever is their ability to assume any role and perform that role perfectly. Regardless of the type of movie or the decade, each of the best actors managed to entertain viewers time and again.
- Cary Grant. Not only was he handsome, but Grant could act. Starring in thrillers such as "North by Northwest", romances such as "An Affair to Remember" and to comedy’s such as "His Girl Friday", Grant was on film while film became what it is today. For his roles and the fact that everyone wants to be just a little like him, Grant is one of the best actors ever.
- Robert Redford. Those blue eyes have graced the film in more than a few famous roles, including in films such as "The Sting", "All the President's Men" and "The Untouchables". Each of these movies have made audiences stand up and take note. Redford consistently provides engaging and entertaining performances, making him one of the best actors ever.
- Daniel Day-Lewis. While there may be something just a little bit strange about him, that strangeness is perhaps Lewis’ most attractive characteristic. Lewis’ has received awards for his roles, most recently for his portrayal of a money-driven, vengeful man in "There Will Be Blood", which displays the wide recognition he receives as an actor. Lewis’ is one of the best actors of all time.
- Clark Gable. His smile in "Gone With the Wind" enough to make ladies swoon; but men don’t mind because he tends to appear in some pretty awesome movies. What make Gable so great is the wonderful films he choose. Elegant and skillful, Gable is one of the best actors ever.
- Marlon Brando. Yes he was the Godfather, but he was also more—much more. During his five-decade career, Brando appeared in drama and comedies such as "A Streetcar Named Desire" and "Last Tango in Paris", and seemed perfectly comfortable in either category. For always giving a great performance, Brando is one of the greatest actors ever.
- Clint Eastwood. His roles in "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" and "Two Mules for Sister Sarah" made him a staple character in movies about the Old West. Eastwood’s more recent works have taken him far away from the tumbleweeds. His gravelly voice has caused no hindrance to him filling more sensitive roles. For consistently performing well, Eastwood is one of the best Hollywood actors ever.
- Sean Connery. Connery might not have the same amount of serious roles as other actors, but his entertainment value just might surpass them. As Bond he appeared in "Goldfinger" and "Diamonds are Forever". Yet, no matter the role, the actor never fails to provide a great, exciting character, which makes him one of the best actors ever.
- Johnny Depp. Depp’s ability to make the quirky Mad Hatter in "Alice in Wonderland" even zanier has left audiences widely intrigued into just how weird the actual man. The actor’s many roles have made viewers laugh or cringe, not to mention jump a few times in excitement. Depp’s many roles have proven him to be one of the best actors of all time.
- Michael Caine. With a soothing British accent, Caine’s entrance often goes unnoticed on the screen; that is, until he steals it. In "Alfie" Caine was a suave womanizer, while in "Cider House Rules" he was a man who fought for woman's health. Whether comedic and dramatic, Caine always executes his role perfectly. Time and again during his long career, Caine has proven himself to be one of the best actors.
- Jack Nicholson. Viewers just can’t seem to get enough of Jack. A two-time Academy Award winner, for his roles in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" and "As Good As It Gets", Nicholson always seems to play the perfectly creepy, but wonderfully so, roles that are impossible to ignore. For his overwhelming talent, Nicholson is one of the greatest Hollywood actors.